Subject: Action required to access your email
You are receiving this message because your IT
department requires you to use a mail
application that supports two-step verification.
Contact your IT department with any questions
or concerns about this mail. This email was
automatically generated by Microsoft
Remove your existing Mail Account
- On your iOS device, tap to open the Settings app.
- Tap Passwords & Accounts for iOS 13.x or lower OR tap Mail for iOS 14.x or higher.
- Tap Accounts.
- Tap on your DTSD/Exchange email account. (Name’s set to Exchange by default unless otherwise changed).
- At the bottom, tap on Delete Account.
You will be prompted to confirm the deletion. Although the data is being removed from your phone, your Mail, Contacts, Calenders, Reminders, and Notes are saved to your Office 365 account and will sync back to your phone when you re-add the account.
Wait for the deletion to complete. When you are returned to the list of your accounts, you have successfully removed your Exchange account from your iOS device.
Use two-step verification with Mail for iOS
- Navigate to Settings, and tap on Passwords & Accounts or Mail. (Depending on the iOS version).
- Tap Accounts.
- Tap on Add Account.
- Tap on Microsoft Exchange.
- Enter your email address and account description.
- You will see a prompt to sign into your @hershey.k12.pa.us Exchange account using Microsoft. Tap Sign In.
- This will redirect to the DTSD sign-in page, where you will enter your credentials. Then, tap Sign in.
- Because of enrollment in two-step verification, you may see a security prompt. Choose you authentication method and enter code.
- For iOS 13x and earlier versions, you will be prompted to allow iOS Accounts to access your mailbox and sign-in information. To continue setup, tap Accept.
- For iOS 14.x and above, click Save.
You’re now ready to use Mail for iOS.